FAQ about Life Coaching
What is coaching?
Life Coaching is a relatively new profession coming to light within the last 30-40 years. Coaching now has become widely accepted and appreciated for its benefits to clients.
As coaching has become a mainstream modality for personal change, the desire for a variety of coaching experiences has increased.
The International Coaching Federation (ICF is considered to be the coaching industry association), defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and /or professional potential.
- Coaching is a practical, forward-looking way to gain clarity on what you believe to be true for your life.
- Coaching acts as a powerful support system to keep you motivated and moving in your chosen direction.
- Coaching provides an external perspective on your life, while also supporting your self-knowledge and choices.
- The cornerstone of coaching is knowing that you are not a “set of problems” to be fixed, especially by me or any other coach.
- The goal of coaching it is to draw out your potential and facilitate change in the areas of your choice.
- Coaching is forward moving and action oriented.
- Coaching is done 1.1, in a group, face to face, online, phone or by text.
*(Adapted from Symbiosis Success Conversion Coaching)
Are there professional standards for the coaching industry?
Yes, there is a code of ethics, core competencies, accreditation standards and a process for coaches to advance in their skills and knowledge. Read more here: http://www.coachfederation.org/ICF/
I continue to evolve in the following five important skill areas as outlined by the ICF:
- Active listening
- Powerful questioning
- Creating awareness in self and the client
- Establishing trust and intimacy
- Planning and goal setting with accountability and support
What can you expect from me as your coach?
- I will uphold the ICF standards and expectations described in the above section.
- I believe you intuitively know what you want, and have within you the information to make your desires a reality.
- As your coach, my job is to provide a non-judgmental and welcoming atmosphere where you feel seen, heard, and understood.
- I practice coaching as co-creative relationship based on mutual respect and care.
- I provide support and accountability so that you fulfill the promises you make to yourself during the coaching session.
- Together, we non-judgmentally, explore barriers that block goal achievement.
Becoming a client of Gray into Gold
How do I get started?
- If you want to talk with me schedule a Start Creating Your Vision strategy session. We will discuss your goals and together we will determine the next steps.
- If you are ready to get started now, contact me to get started.
- You can then go here to register (Client Profile) This will take you to the Client Private Portal where you will create your account. I will be notified when the account has been created. Your account will be activated and you will be notified by e-mail, usually within 24 hours.
How do I pay for my coaching services?
- There is a payment section in the Client Private Portal where you can utilize PayPal or Stripe. My system will automatically (and securely) process your payment. I do not bill insurance or other third party payers.
- Information on available coaching packages and programs can be found here (LINKS)
Is my data secure, safe and confidential in the private client center?
Yes. There are multiple levels of security to keep your data safe and confidential.
- Username and password protected
- Verisign Security Certificate protects your data on this site
- Secured pages (https://)
- You and I are the only ones that have access to your information
- The only circumstance where I am required to tell someone about what we discuss is if I have a clear or reasonable belief that you might harm yourself or others.
- Beyond the above point, what we discuss in the coaching sessions is confidential.
What if I sign up for this and decide it is not right for me? Do you have a money-back guarantee?
- Yes, I call it my "participate and get your money back" guarantee. Here is how it works. If after the first two sessions of our relationship you show up to the sessions, complete all homework assignments, and participate fully in the coaching process, you can simply let me know this is not working for you and I will completely refund your money.
- To honor the coaching agreement and the coaching process, if you do not show up for your coaching sessions, are consistently late to sessions, or do not complete the agreed-upon homework, then the package fee will not be refunded.
- Communication is key. Please let me know when something is not working for you and I promise to take your concerns seriously.
What happens after I register and pay for my services?
Once you register and pay for your services, you will automatically receive a Welcome Packet. The packet contains basic forms to help us get started with coaching as other important information. You will also be provided a link to review and sign the coaching agreement. The forms and contract are normally completed prior to the first coaching session. If you have any questions about anything in the welcome packet, please call me or send a message in the Private Client Portal. I will respond within 24 hours or before.